Solaris Duel Academy
Welcome to Solaris Duel Academy (SDA) . If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Register here and then a email will be sent to you with more directions on activating your account. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are DuelNetwork and YVD. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Solaris Duel Academy
Welcome to Solaris Duel Academy (SDA) . If your looking to improve your skills, this is the right place. Register here and then a email will be sent to you with more directions on activating your account. Make no mistake on why your here, your here to progress we can't force you to progress when you don't want to, that sort of dedication is on your part not ours. Most of all I implore all of you to look around the site I didn't make these sections for myself, explore them express yourself, I can't make the site active by myself it's your job too. The Primary means of Dueling here are DuelNetwork and YVD. Socialize and be active, take a look around see what you like.
Solaris Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Progression Through the Stars, and if you start at the bottom will bring you to the top, don't get mad when your at the bottom, we'll slur your confidence and treat you like your nothing, so impress us. Learn Something.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Morphing jar # 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BobTheFob
Student

Morphing jar # 2 Empty
PostSubject: Morphing jar # 2   Morphing jar # 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:00 am

Morphing jar # 2

FLIP: Return all Monster Cards on the field to their respective Decks and shuffle them. You and your opponent then pick up cards until you both have the same number of Monster Cards that were returned to each Deck. Special Summon the Level 4 or lower monsters to the field in face-down Defense Position. The rest of the cards picked up are discarded to the Graveyard.

So, me izumiryu, kpachi and an admin were discussing this cards effect...

theres was confusion on how many monsters each player gets to before they stop milling.

example:

izumiryu has 3 monsters.
kpachi has 2 monsters. kpachi flips up morphing jar #2.

QUESTION:

Do both players get 5? because 5 monsters TOTAL were sent back from the field to decks.

or

do izumiryu get 3 monsters and kpachi get 2.

DISCUSS AND LINK PROOF OF RULING
Back to top Go down
ReapinShdw
Student
ReapinShdw

Morphing jar # 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Morphing jar # 2   Morphing jar # 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:57 am

Its actually number 2 well sort off
the person activating it, kpachi, would go first and pick up cards until he has 2 monsters set again
and then izu would do the same to get his 3 monsters back.

The card is very specific about what must happen. There used to be a famous OTK loop that used MJ#2 and hiros scout.
It was pretty abusable since technically morphing #2 can never be sent to the grave since its effect resolves immediately after its flipped. Luckily they undid that ruling.

IF you check yugi.wikia you can see that the errata version removed the word both to deal with the confusion.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Morphing_Jar_2

also if you go 2:37 in this video you can see it in action in the official online ygo game where everything is done automatically for you according to the rulings.

Back to top Go down

Morphing jar # 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Solaris Duel Academy  :: SolZone :: Card Discussion-
Jump to: